Sunday, March 2, 2014

Concept Design (Site)

In my site collage, I decided to create the feeling of what is currently occurring in the Red Hook area. I decided to use a  gradient in the background to show the past and the future of the area. After Hurricane Sandy, a lot of cities affected by this super storm were left in ruins. As of today, Red Hook is not back to its original landscape so I used a wavelength of smoke on top of the background to show the multiple ups and downs after the "smoke" cleared and the neighborhood had to pick up the pieces. I also used puzzle pieces to signify that this neighborhood has so many pieces to put together. The scale of the pieces are also large in the beginning but the closer you get to fitting them in, the easier it gets to filling in the blanks. I also used the color red because red is such a powerful color in terms of awareness and the Red Hook area to me was unknown prior to our site visit. After experiencing this area for a small amount of time, I realized that the area itself is not just an abandoned space but a place that was over looked by many that were not paying attention.



1 comment: