Sunday, March 2, 2014

Concept Design (Program)

In my program collage, I decided to focus on bridging the gap between designers. Designers include artists, architects, photographers, interior designers, textile designers, creative designers, etc. To the left of my collage, I used a painting in the background to show multiple ideas that color brings to a piece of artwork. The bright yellows, blues, and reds are the primary colors in the piece which are trichromatic to the human eye. Artists such as Andy Warhol, Jasper Johns, and Billy Apple paved a way for designers to be more creative with everyday textures and express themselves thru visual aids. On the right of my collage, I used an Art Deco painting with very powerful rectilinear shapes as well as a woman's silhouette. Architects such as Le Corbusier, Santiago Calatrava, and Frank Lloyd Wright opened the doors to create iconic rectilinear spaces that have influenced the architectural designers of today. The silhouette of the woman's body relates more to Calatrava because his work always shows movement.

The wavelength in the center of the collage is what I want to essentially accomplish with my program. I want designers of any kind to be able to express themselves visually with unlimited space to show creative genius. I have not recently seen another space that embraces our pioneers of art and also incorporates our future designers in one space other than a museum. I plan to create a space that local as well as international artists can come to a place in New York City to engage with fellow individuals that appreciate designing and expressing themselves thru visual aids. These spaces will include large studio spaces to have seminars and classrooms to educate designer on new innovations. I also want to include overnight lounging for those who want to engage in multiple activities on site.  

1 comment:

  1. very ambitious words, and understanding of the world. Art is at the heart of the world and the differences weave together to create a yet another collective view at times. A building which inspired me 10 years ago and which might help with yout research is the Polyforum in Mexico City. Its museum/gallery is in the shape of a princess cut diamond. It has 12 6m high murals as its diamond facets. Each facet speaks of a powerful theme - and every good theme has a duality. ie love and hate, man and female, ware and peace...etc... have a look...google " polyforum mexico" ...excellent concept, it will be great if you can pull it off.

    ReplyDelete